Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Pi Day!



In high school I had a math teacher by the name of Mrs. Hawkins. Each year on March 14 she would have a Pi Day celebration. We (her students) had an assignment to bring in a pie or cake in honor of the "special" day.

Today I am reminded of how much I miss those simple times. How I wish my only worry at night was math homework, and not whether or not my kids would sleep through the night, whether or not I remembered to feed the dog, whether or not the food I fed my kids for dinner was healthy enough, or the never-ending list of the next day's chores. However, I love my life, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I (secretly) like the crazy hectic-ness of it all, and I will surely long for these days again when my children have moved out of the house.

Soooo, Happy Pi Day to all!!

2 comments:

Erin Bigler said...

Blogger needs a "like" button. Well said!

Jessi said...

happy pi day to you! who knew such a day existed?