A while back my awesome sister-in-law, Lisa, gave me a really easy pattern for making pajama pants. She even showed me how to sew them together, but I didn't have elastic at the time, so I couldn't finish them. Those pants sat in my fabric/ongoing projects bucket for months, until I pulled them out yesterday and thought I could do something with them. Guess what? They were several inches too short for Ellie. (At the time we first made them, we measured them to fit JACOB!) Oops! Thank goodness I still had the pattern, though. I decided to try my hand at making a new pair of jammy pants for Ellie, and this is what I ended up with:
I didn't have any elastic on hand, so I sewed up a piece of matching fabric and made a drawstring. A couple of button holes later, and voila!
Ellie was tired of taking pictures...
Not bad for my first time, huh? There are some lines that aren't perfect, but if you don't look too close, you'll never know. ;)

I can't WAIT! More pictures to come once I finish that project.

1 comment:
So fun! Glad to see you're sewing more and working on cool projects. Nothing is more fun than sewing cute little girl clothes for a cute little girl! Definitely let us know how the shirt dress turns out. There are so many fun tutorials online for projects that are easy but fun and cute. I like searching for stuff like that.
Post a Comment