Friday, July 31, 2009

Elisabeth Kate



As Ellie's second birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks, I thought that I'd take a minute to talk about our sweet little girl. Everyone says that she looks just like I did when I was that age; my mom has the pictures to prove it. And it's true, she's just as sweet as she is cute! She is full of energy (This kid has the ability to climb a bare wall if only I would let her), personality, compassion, tenderness and love. She is very protective of her older brother, and every time he is in trouble she is right there consoling him. If he gets sent to time out, she goes and collects all of his favorite stuffed animals, and then collects all of his blankies. Next, she takes them all to wherever he is, and says "What's wrong; time out?" In other words, "What's wrong, why are you in time out?" She can't stand to see him sad. Even if he's in time out for bludgeoning her with a toy, shifting his weight into her baby stroller to make it fall over as she is pushing it, or for just stepping in front of her to make her path a little more difficult. (Unfortunately, he commits all 3 of these offenses on a regular basis - we are working REALLY hard on correcting these right now!) Jacob loves her for taking care of him, and I think that he has started to recognize that she can be a pretty good pal if only he'll let her. We love our little Ellie and are so happy to have her as a part of our family!

.

2 comments:

irvy said...

Sweet, sweet girl! I'm so glad you updated your blog.

I miss you guys lots!

jenn82 said...

As I told u last week, Your kids are adorable and what a sweet lil girl you have. Theyll be best friends when they are our age. I placed my brother on a pedestal against every other male in the world. He's my best friend. Im going to add your blog to my netvibes account. I love blogs! You can check mine out if you get a free moment lol. www.hogi82.wordpress.com

Jenn Hogan