I never thought I'd consider myself a recluse, but lately I haven't wanted to leave the house for anything. I have heard of people having seasonal depression, but I think I'm suffering from something that I'm going to call Jacob's-in-school depression. I hate it. The second that kid starts school, I turn into a house-loving agoraphobic--I'm not even sure if that's the proper use of that term, but I feel like I can somewhat relate. I guess the heat doesn't help either. It's just too darned hot to do anything outside except for going to the pool, and I don't even have the energy to shave my legs lately. Top it all off with the fact that my very best friend just moved 900 miles away, and you've got a pretty pitiful gal.
Oh, well. I'm hoping that things get better soon. Jacob's baseball season is in full swing, and we are busy almost every afternoon. Ellie and I are having fun during the day, and it's nice to bond with her one on one. My cousin and her husband are coming to stay the weekend with us, and the kids and I are headed to Florida next month. Should be nice.
5 comments:
It's free: www.k12.com, paid for by the state and considered public school. They send you computers, curriculum, EVERYTHING you need for school right down to dirt in baggies for specific science projects. Jaymi Hermann's mom uses this program and loves it. Really. Pray about it.
PS. They also offer online and phone support and they have a local chapter that sponsors social events, chick-fil-a night, ice cream parties, pretty often and they've got a great support network.
You silly goose!! Let's play! Heck, you don't even have to leave your house - we'll come terrorize you. Seriously - we are doing nothing this week. So give me a call if you want to have a little get-together.
Erin_thanks for the info k12!
(((hugs))) Nicholas being in school all day has been so hard for me!
Post a Comment